Saturday, May 7, 2011

Athens

Our cancelled tour of Delos yielded a delightful tour of Mykonos.  Our tour guide was quite knowledgeable about Delos as well and gave us quite a bit of history on both islands.  Though Delos looked to be only a few miles away, the seas were too rough for the ferry.  Highlight of the tour was the monastery built in the 18th century, though established several centuries earlier.

Our ferry to Athens was also cancelled so we had to change to a larger and slower ferry, made it to our hotel just before 9 pm.  Tomorrow we head for Corinth then return for a tour of Athens.

The internet here appears to be a little more solid than previous locations but the rooms only have ethernet which limits my options, so I am seeing if I can upload video to FaceBook and will then provide a link here.  Unfortunately, this blog site seems to prefer YouTube.  But for technical reasons, I can only use YouTube with my iPad which requires wifi.  So hopefully I can provide a link to FaceBook to work around that limitation.  I have 4 videos ready to go so will see how many I can get loaded before I fall asleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment